Along this Let ME Out!! journey I have remembered several things that are so ME they feel like home. Here’s what comes naturally to me and makes my spirit so happy:
- promoting small businesses, particularly those of artists and artisans
- raising awareness and funds for charities
Over the last few years, I have engaged in this through hosting People with Passion interviews and taking on the role of fund developer with a non-profit literary arts organization, Pandora’s Collective. And recently, something else came across my path that has re-affirmed my love for creating solutions.
This caught the attention of my blogger friend, Tairalyn, who suggested a mug-painting party to our mom bloggers group. I happen to know an amazing arts and crafts studio with a huge selection of pottery (and gorgeous atmosphere, to boot!) that just celebrated its first anniversary this month!
Sisters Joanna and Stefanie opened Create-It Emporium in Cloverdale, B.C. and have shown that they are a heart-centred business of pure passion. More than just a pottery painting studio, they offer workshops of all crafts in an environment that is community-oriented and where the tea, coffee and smiles are always flowing!
I knew they would jump on the opportunity to be a part of this campaign and I couldn’t have been more right. I went to Joanna with the request for a partnership in this endeavour and she immediately put together this amazing deal:
Their 12 oz cup that normally retails for $15 plus tax (which includes unlimited studio time/paints/firing) is being offered for only $8 plus tax and includes all of the above PLUS shipping the mugs to the drop off location for Canuck Place. Seriously, this deal could not be sweeter for anyone wanting to help out!
Since putting out the request on Facebook I have been overwhelmed and humbled by the people who have come forth, showing interest and generosity from miles away. Friends and family who cannot come down to the studio because of distance and time are still calling in to the studio and purchasing mugs…which means there are a lot of mugs that need painting!
Joanna and I have been exchanged excited emails since the wheels started turning on this project, and Create-It Emporium is now holding a Helping Hands week from Monday November 11 – Friday November 15 from 6-9 pm for anyone who can come down and help with painting purchased mugs, or who would like to make their own donation. All the details for this campaign plus their initiatives to help Beauty Night Society sew and decorate stockings for impoverished Vancouver women can be found here.
How YOU can help:
- Come down to the studio any time between NOW and Sunday November 17 to purchase and paint an $8 mug
- Call down to the studio at 604-574-4044 any time between NOW and Sunday November 17 to purchase a mug to be painted on your behalf
- Show up during Helping Hands week (Mon Nov 11- Fri Nov 15 6-9pm), and have some coffee, cookies and conversation while sewing/decorating stockings or painting mugs
- Copy and paste the following on to your Facebook status (you can also grab either of the pictures above to promote this). Be sure to ‘like’ Create-It Emporium and Canuck Place Children’s Hospice so you can tag them in your post as well.
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice is in need of bright, cheery mugs for the families who reside there. If you live in the Lower Mainland and can get to Create-It Emporium 17582 56A Ave in Surrey between now and Sunday November 17, you can grab a 12 oz mug for just $8. This includes unlimited studio/painting/firing and shipping of your mug to Canuck Place. If you can’t make it down but still want to donate, please call 604-574-4044 to purchase your mug. A volunteer painter will be happy to paint on your behalf!
- Share this post on your social media using the buttons below
Thanks for reading – and remember to always dream big! If you have the intention of doing something, there are so many forces at play that will help you make it happen!